What an eventful year 2011 has been! As I look back at this past year’s events, I am at awe of how blessed I am to have gone through these amazing experiences. So let me try and recap these life-changing and impactful highlights:
- January 25, 2011: Witnessing the start of The Almighty Egyptian Revolution while visiting my family.
- March 11, 2011: Composing a song dedicated to The Egyptians who sacrificed their lives to establish a free country.
- April 1, 2011: My first day as a Full Time Actor after resigning from my corporate job.
- April 17, 2011: Flew to Arizona to shoot the short film Parallax where I had a lead role. This was my first gig soon after quitting my day job to pursue acting as my career and my short film THIEF wins the student Emmy.
- May 2011: Filmed an industrial video for a spiritual organization and booked a commercial that aired in Japan.
- June 11, 2011: My short film THIEF wins the Gold Medal Award in the Narrative category from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences aka the Oscars.
- August, 2011: I book a principle role in a spy thriller feature film called Tentacle 8.
- September, 2011: The revival of my sketch comedy website The ADD Channel by commencing to film the new web series The Virtual Zone.
- October 2011: I lent my voice to the motion animated series AlForsan which accompanies an online video game. I also volunteered for a great organization, The 24 Foundation which helps teens at risk through art. What an amazing experience that was to connect with young adults and empower them through Acting. In addition, I was the lead in the indie short Fragments to be released in 2012.
- November 2011: Marked my second year anniversary of migrating from Chicago to Los Angeles. Also I wrote and directed a spec commercial for Doritos Crash The Superbowl contest.
- December 2011: Reflecting on this amazing year, attending the premiere of Parallax on December 12th and writing my feature screenplay.
As you see it’s been a busy and very productive year on many levels. I wish well my Egyptian people and others who seek freedom and democracy. I wish well for my American people and may they continue to push for a better world. I wish all my friends, fans and collaborators that all their dreams manifest in the new year. Peace, love, abundance, harmony to all and the best is yet to come.